Monday, October 18, 2010

Double Standard

It turns out that blogging about being an urban hippie takes time; so does reading lots of blogs on the Internet and doing classwork. Guess which one I've been doing...?

So, anyway, before I scurry off to work on the paper I've been neglecting for the last three hours, I wanted to leave you with this thought:

XYOnline has posted an article entitled Men Should Not Get Raped. I agree. I recommend that you go over there and read it.

If, after you have read it, you find yourself going "Duh," I recommend that you consider what your reaction to a similar article replacing "men" with "women" would be. If that hypothetical argument strikes you as radical and/or an impossible dream, I recommend that you consider why.

If the idea that men are inherently inclined to sexual violence enters your head as an answer, I recommend you consider why, exactly, it's the feminists who are labeled as insulting men?

No comments: