Thursday, July 28, 2011

This is Not Pro-Life

Two days ago, someone threw a Molotov cocktail at a Planned Parenthood clinic in northern Texas. This particular clinic provides health screenings and contraception, but does not perform abortions.

As I have written about in the past (though I can't find the post at the moment), I am pro-life. To me, being pro-life means things like promoting safe and protected sex so that people can choose whether or not they want to try to conceive, and providing support for children after they are born. Using violence to achieve pro-life ends is a contradiction in terms. It is wrong, and it is not acceptable. This is not the pro-life movement, or the Christianity, that I stand for.

I also note that, in the "American Independent" article, the incident is referred to as "possible arson." Possible? How do you accidentally set something on fire with a Molotov cocktail??

No comments: