As another addendum, though I've been really busy and not eating as I like to do, I have noticed that more and more of my meals are local-- this is because I've been buying more local staples, like dairy, eggs, bread, and fruits. I think I've seem to hit a plateau; if I wanted to do things like get local flour, local nuts, etc., I'd have to actively search them out, and that would be nearly impossible without a car. Alas, winter is upon us, which means my local produce options will dwindle significantly. I have dried one batch of local peppers and have more peppers sitting on my table (I do hope they're not rotting by now...) and I have a little fruit frozen. I will dry some more fruit later in the month.
Also, I've discovered the thing known as the "day-old bread bin," which is a wonderful thing for college students and anyone on a budget.
No comments:
Post a Comment